Irish All Star Cheer Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Irish All Star Cheer Forum

Common ground for all you coaches and cheerleaders to discuss uniforms, competitions, rules affecting you in Ireland.

2 posters

Inspiring Irish Cheerleaders

K.Kinsley
    K.Kinsley

Inspiring Irish Cheerleaders Empty Inspiring Irish Cheerleaders

Post  K.Kinsley Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I think there are a lot of strong programs and dedicated cheerleaders in Ireland but there are also those, mine included who could improve a lot with a little bit of inspiration.

I think being able to see US teams or work with coaches from the US or even just good coaches from outside Ireland would really help show them what is possible.

Being able to see how the best train and perform can motivate some athletes on to amazing achievements. I also coach acrobatic gymnastics and we where lucky enough to have Spelbound (BGT winners) train for worlds at our gym while they where on tour in Ireland. They let our elite gymnasts watch them train and stayed around to talk with them on the second day. After this we had an amazing summer of training and are really seeing the results from that now we are getting into competition season. I think if instruction is available with strong coaches or teams it would be snapped up by a lot of squads.

I also think it helps the coaches. After going to the ACDC conference/camp in glasgow last year I came back with a wealth of knowledge and ideas. I think I spent both nights getting phone calls and facebook messages from my girls as they saw my excited posts. I came back inspired and ready to work with my new senior squad and the fact that I was so excited meant they where as well.

Anyone else have ideas apart from camps or outside instructors to help inspire all our cheerleaders to be the best?
    littlemisscheer

Inspiring Irish Cheerleaders Empty Re: Inspiring Irish Cheerleaders

Post  littlemisscheer Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:05 am

Hi!

I'm captain of Rebels Elite in Cork. We've actually found a woman living in Cork who used to be a cheerleader and a coach in the USA. She's living here until the middle of march and she's doing some classes with us over the next few weeks, she said she would be willing to do some workshops too so if any of you are interested in coming down to cork and teaming up for a workshop during the february midterm your more than welcome Smile

I think getting to work with a US coach will really inspire the cheerleaders and they can learn a lot from her experiences Smile

Hope this helps
    Melissa
    xxx
    Cool
    K.Kinsley
    K.Kinsley

Post  K.Kinsley Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks Melissa
    We actually have Spring Tumbling coming next week while they are in Ireland. But I do think working with good coaches is a good way to inspire cheerleaders.
    I hope your sessions go well and your squad is doing well.

Kelly
    littlemisscheer

Post  littlemisscheer Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Thank you! We're getting there slowly but surely, its actually seeing all the other Irish squads and how far they've come in such a short time that inspires us. Watching ye all at the all-irelands was a huge inspiration for us, ye're amazing and should be really proud of yerselves! Smile

Hope ye enjoy yer time with Spring Tumbling!
    Melissa
    K.Kinsley
    K.Kinsley

Post  K.Kinsley Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:14 pm

Thanks Melissa, you will get there. The main thing is to make sure you are doing it right and have good coaches who know what they are doing. We have only been going a year with the youth ones and 6 months about with the seniors, so you aren't alone at being new.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 11:36 pm